Monday, September 7, 2009

Strawberry Festival


May 2009

Yep, it was really lame (I'm late posting this since it was a few weeks ago, but I just pulled the tickets out of my purse and it reminded me). I think we got there at about 7pm. They sure didn't mention in their web page that MOST vendors go home by then - although it's advertised until 10pm. I was so excited to see strawberries everywhere; in every food, drink and decoration. Uh, riiiiiight. Johny 5 Productions put on this Strawberry festival and I'll sure think twice before I go to an event put on by them again. Oh, and there was even supposed to be a classic car show; unless it was all the cars in the parking lot there wasn't a single car to look at.

I was expecting to eat myself sick of strawberries and leave with even more. I've never been to a food festival, so I thought I had my hopes too high, but a friend of mine went the next afternoon and said it was just as bad, but they did have the classic car show. We paid $8 each to get in and unless we wanted to buy a strawberry funnel cake, we were pretty much out of luck with strawberries. We didn't have dinner, so we bought a tri-tip meal. After spending $39 on parking, tickets and our meals, we had a combined total on TWO strawberries. They sure let the air out of my balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment