Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Magic Bullet

So many claims....so little time.

After watching the infomercial many times, Doug watched one with me and thought this is a pretty cool gadget. So we called and ordered it. When you call or order online you get one free (or at least you used to). You pay for shipping and handling which is almost as much as the regular price. No matter...I was excited! Smoothies, cheese dip, tuna salad, etc, HERE I COME!

And, there it went. After being sent a replacement base for one that had a rattling piece inside, I now have 3. The customer service was very nice; even when I had to call back because I was AUTOMATICALLY entered into a "Magic Bullet weight loss powder" delivery that was being charged and sent every month.

Really though...

Save your money....just buy a blender and/or a food processor.

"Any job in 10 seconds or less" Yeah sure. 10 seconds and then 10 more seconds and then 10 more seconds and then it starts to smell funny. Then you realize the smoothie you were making looks pretty much like broken ice with half pieces of fruit in it. We now have a refrigerator that will give us crushed ice, so smoothies work better now (but you have to start with crushed ice...kinda defeats the purpose).

I tried to use it to "chop" water chestnuts and green onions - well lets just say by the time all the pieces were in a decent size, most of it looked like baby poo, so I just made all of it look like baby poo and mixed it into my spinach dip. It would have been festive if it were Christmas or St. Patrick's day.

It pretty much sits under the counter. I haven't even taken the second one out of the box (I think I know what to give my mom for Christmas HAHA -just kidding mom). We occasionally make a smoothie, but it certainly takes longer than 10 seconds, even with crushed ice. And honestly it's more of a pain to make 2 of them rather than throwing it all in a blender and making them at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment